18.11.05

Court day.

Yes, today I went to court, totally unprepared. Okay, so I wasn't totally unprepared but, I couldn't get a pro bono lawyer in time. And, when I requested a continuance so I may get legal representation, my ex's lawyer objected. And, yes, I had to do the whole court thing by myself, with no legal advice.

The ex, his mother, and his wife were there. They all took the stand. I was my only witness. I had to cross-examine. I was scared.

The ex told the truth to a T. I was impressed. The wife started to lie, I wrote down the lie, she saw me write down something and stopped in mid-sentence to backpeddle. The mother lied (At least I think she lied. I don't know if she believed what she was saying.) and I cross-examined her.

The ex said I called her and she had my number on the caller-ID. I asked if she had the caller-ID with her, she said no. I win that one. The mother said she has never seen or heard of my ex getting abusive, that was an outright lie, and I confronted her on it, which she continued to lie so I gave up because I had no idea what to do.

When I was on the stand, they wanted to hear the evidence I had, so they got me a phone, I accessed my voicemail, and began playing all my ex's messages to the court. The wife got up and left. All of it was worth it just for that one moment to smite her. To smite her for saying my ex wanted nothing to do with me, to smite her for telling me to stop calling them when I never did unless my ex called me first. I heard her storm out when I got to the message where my ex told me he loves me and thinks the wife is a psycho--to put it nicely.

The Civil Stalking Injunction is reduced to a dual RO. I can't contact the ex (Hey, no problem, I never did anyway.) and he can't contact me.

They also were talking about contesting her, the wife's, CSI, which, I don't know if they can because they're given 10 days from being served to contest it, and her 10 days is up. So, I shall speak with legal aid when they're open and find out.

They also said they will be moving soon. The lawyer told the judge to drop the whole case based on that. The judge told the lawyer that "Phones still work, they can move back, they can even possibly not move at all." And told the lawyer to shut up (In so many words).

So, it wasn't all bad. Could've went better, though.

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. ~Jesus (Matthew 10:34)


The things most people want to know about
are usually none of their business. ~George Bernard Shaw

Identity
MIA


[Valid Atom]